Kimberly Cross Country Meet
Boys JV Conference Meet*
*NDA Cross Country considers this a Varsity Meet. Competitors from NDA will receive their varsity letters for the 2020 Season.
Date: Thursday, October 8th 2020
Location: Kimberly High School, 1662 E Kennedy Ave, Kimberly, WI 54136
Updated Spectator Policy:
Kimberly has informed us that no spectators will be permitted for the Boys race tonight (10/8). We are aware that all parents of participants are driving their boys to and from the race today and we know the great disappointment and inconvenience this may cause.
Unique Transportation: Parents will transport their own athlete to the meet. Parents please sign and complete the Travel Release Form – CLICK HERE and return to practice no later than Wednesday.
Who Competes from NDA: 6-8 boys
2:00pm – Release Time from Virtual Classes
2:00-3:00pm – Parent(s) Transport Athlete to Meet
3:00pm (no later than) – Athletes report to Team Area for temp check/questionaire, and to get chips and bibs.
4:00 pm — NDA vs Kimberly, Hortonville, Kaukauna and Neenah- All NDA entrants in Wave 1
What to Bring:
- Pre-race snack for after school and before Race
- Come dressed to run (except carry spikes):
- Uniform – Blue “Championship Phase” Uniforms
- Warm up or equivalent for over uniform (There is no Camp Gard/bus -so dress warmly).
- Training shoes
- Mask (worn at all times except racing)
- Racing shoes (spikes)
- Second Mask (for back-up)
- Personal Water Bottle (Labeled) – Make sure it is full!
- Bring extra bottled water in your bags as needed – no water available.
- After race snack and additional water (for after the race)
- Garbage bag for belongings left outside.
Box 1: Kimberly Box 2: Hortonville Box 3: Kaukauna Box 4: GBND Box 5: Neenah
Arrival: Teams can arrive no earlier than 60 minutes prior to race.
Equipment: All athletes and coaches must bring masks and their own water bottles.
Trainer: A trainer will be provided starting at 3:45 pm near the finish line.
- Masks worn at all times unless running during warmup or racing.
- Coaches – masks worn at all times when in close proximity to athletes or other coaches. This includes during races.
- Teams will have designated areas in the baseball diamond near the start/finish line.
- Coaches will monitor team areas to make sure masks are worn and athletes are abiding to physical distancing.
Restrooms: Portajohns (4) are located near the team area
- Runners cannot report to the start line until 10 min before the start. They may do warm up strides and drills in the field or adjacent areas prior to reporting to the starting line.
- Masks will be worn until 30 sec before the race starts. Runners should hold their masks so they have access to them at the finish or if they feel a need to use them during the race.
- No team huddles or cheers, only athletes and coaches allowed at start area
- Runners should do their best to not run directly next to in front of or behind someone within reason. The course is wide enough in many areas where they could run 6 feet apart while still side by side.
- Runners should run through the chute and disperse from the finish line immediately after the race. We will have workers to facilitate this process.
After the race
- Runners will be afforded 20 minutes to complete a cool down. That cool down should not be done on any part of the course that would impede the runners of the next race nor should it be used to cheer for the racers.
- After a team has completed their assigned races and cooldowns they should report to buses and leave the meet as soon as possible.
Results and scoring
- The race will be scored using the top five runners from each team.
- The results will be posted at xctiming.com.