Notre Dame Cross County Rules
Updated August 14, 2018
- Abide by all WIAA rules
- Abide by all Notre Dame Academy rules
- All injuries should be reported immediately to Coach Gard, Coach Brandt, or Coach Lasecki.
- No cell phones at practice or during warm ups.
- Change only in locker rooms. We are prohibited from changing in restrooms.
- Be on time, no later than 3:30 pm on school days.
- Listen respectfully when being addressed.
- Bring a positive and hard working attitude.
Day of Meet Responsibilities
- If you will be missing class, inform your teachers in advance to determine class make –up policies.
- Leave school quietly and do not return to halls.
- If you remove athletic bags from shelving to retrieve your athletic bag, RETURN the other bags to the rack. (Do not leave hallway full of bags.)
- Buses will be full. Find a seat quickly. Quiet during attendance.
- Cell phones must be kept in bags for the entirety of the competition, can be used on bus.
- To leave with a parent, the release form must be on file AND you must notify the adult who is taking attendance on your bus when you are leaving. Athletes are expected to stay for the ENTIRE meet and can only leave with parents after the last event/awards. (Exceptions can by made only by Coach Brandt or Coach Gard.)
- Help set up and tear down camp.
- Cheer on your teammates in the other races.
- Leave a clean bus (remove all trash).
We will support our opponents when they are successful (clapping and polite attention).
Uniform/ T-shirts/Warm Up
- Bring warm ups (green) to each meet.
- Put name on the tag of the team T-shirt and warm up, immediately upon receipt. (Do not put name on uniform)
- Turn in uniforms the day it is required.
On our website: http://crosscountry.notredameacademy.com there is a section “RUNNERS ACCESS ONLY.” Please contact Lauri Cullen for the username and password at cell (920) 562 7850 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. (The username and password are unchanged from last year.)
It is understood athletes will occasionally miss practice due to illness or other conflicts; however unexcused absences are not permitted. Excused absences are accepted (excessive excused absences will be addressed by the coaching staff.)
- The first unexcused absence will result in a warning.
- The second unexcused absence will result in termination from the team. This applies for meets as well as practices.
If you are going to miss practice, it is your responsibility to text prior to the start of practice. Use our text system, Remind, to request excused absences. We have such a large team we ONLY accept absence reporting via Remind text. Even if you tell a Coach you will be missing practice, you must still follow up with a Remind text(example message, “I have a doctor’s appointment”).
We will respond that we have received your request.
Instructions for Reporting Absences: NOTE: Messages do NOT go to the entire team or the parents, so don’t be afraid to use it.
Method #1: Preferred and easiest Way: Download the Remind App. (It is a blue background with a white cloud). Reply to any of the Remind NDA cross country threads (e.g., NDA Cross Country, Parents NDA CC.)
Method #2: For Direct Text Messaging (outside of the App), contact Lauri Cullen at 920 562-7850 to establish an alternate reporting number. Until we fully debug the system, Lauri will make sure the coaches are aware of an anticipated absence.
If you do not receive a reply that we received your text or for other troubleshooting of Remind, please text/call Lauri Cullen (920) 562 7850 or email email@example.com. It is a new system for the 2018 season and we are still doing some “debugging.”