Time Trials/Pool Party
Update from Coach Gard on Aug 18:
Couple quick reminders for time Trials-
1) Please arrive at Colburn Park no later than 7:30 am. Our goal is to get the girls together for a warm up run right away to stay ahead of the heat. Boys will follow. Please bring a dry shirt/socks other clothing if you’ll want to change after your run.
2) Racing Shoes- I have been attempting to convey to everyone that most runners wear “racing spikes or racing flats” during CC races. I encourage those looking for new racing shoes to go to RunAway Shoes off S Oneida St.- say you run for NDA CC and you should get a discount. I have extra “gently used” shoes of various sizes that kids can go through Saturday morning and take any pair that works for them. Please contact me with any questions.
3) A number of the athletes will run extra after their “practice race” on Saturday morning. They will run as a group immediately after their race. It won’t take too long.
4) I encouraged the kids to manage breakfast before their run and eat with an awareness that they will be running harder from 8 am to 9 am.
5) We made some modifications to the 2nd mile of the course today based on conditions and keeping runners more in the shade with the heat. We will go over that in our warmup.
6) Parents and siblings are encouraged and welcome to run with the team on Saturday morning! Please call or text me at 920-860-6780 if you have any questions. Thanks- Coach Gard
Fast Find Sign Up Genius Links:
IMPORTANT! Pool Party information at bottom of page and RSVP required. We need to know if you are not attending as well as attending so please everyone reply!
Date: Aug 19, 2023
Time: 8:00 am (rain or shine)
Location: Colburn Park, 901 South Fisk St, Green Bay, WI
Details: Girls run first, then boys. Distance approximately 2 miles. Alumni and parents are welcome to run. The name, Time Trials, is a bit misleading. This is simply a race simulation to get everyone comfortable about what will happen on race day – we don’t even time our runners – it is a fun morning. Attendance at Time Trails is mandatory so if you must be absent, please send us a Remind (Absence Reporting). Restrooms open approximately 7:30am. Recommended arrival time for runners is between 7:30–7:45am. First race (girls) will start at approximately 8:00-8:15am.
What to wear: If you have racing flats (spikes), please wear them. Come dressed to race (shorts and comfortable shirt).
Our first race of the season is Two Rivers and they do not have a designated Varsity and JV race. There is a single race for boys and a single race for girls, therefore it is not necessary to determine a Varsity line up at time trials. Time trials will simply be a simulated race environment to help our new runners (and our veterans) get into the routine of racing.
Summary Reminders for the Time Trial –
8:00 am arrival
8:30am – Girls Race,
9:00am – Boys Race
– We will be running two miles (not 5K distance).
– Bring spikes, if you have them.
– Do not wear your uniform. Wear clothing like you wear to practice.
– Bring water
– Bring dry socks for after the race
– Mosquitos have been plentiful in Colburn – pre-apply bug spray
– The bathrooms at the lower shelter should be unlocked at about 7:30am
Family Pool Party and Lunch
All are invited!
Thank you to the Lulloff Family for hosting our NDA CC Team Family Lunch and Pool Party on Saturday, August 19, 11:30-2:30 pm.
This party will follow the team alumni race and time trial that takes place at Colburn Park on Saturday morning.
What: Family Lunch and Pool Party
Who: All athletes, parents and siblings
When: 11:30-2:30 pm on Saturday, August 19
Where: The Andy and Elizabeth Lulloff Home, 5332 Sportsman Drive DePere
RSVP by Wednesday, August 16 please, even if not able to attend (RSVP via the sign-up genius below)
Action needed please! Please use the sign-up genius link below to RSVP and volunteer to help and/or bring food to share. Thank you to everyone for your help!
Sign-up Genius Link: NDA CC Family Pool Party Lunch + Time Trial Help
Updated: Aug 12, 2023