Cross Country Meet – Notre Dame Academy Host
Updated Sept 17, 2020
Race Date: Friday, September 18, 2020
Race Results: PT Timing
Location: Colburn Park, Green Bay, From Hwy 41, exit east on West Mason St., turn right at Fisk St., go two blocks and turn left into the park.
Participating High School Teams: Gillett, NEW Lutheran, Oshkosh Lourdes, Winneconne and Notre Dame Academy..
Parent Help Needed: We need help with many tasks as we are hosting this meet. A signup genius has been created and is linked below. If you have any questions about volunteering please contact Michelle Nowak, Parent Volunteer Coordinator at 920 634-9065 or email@example.com.
Spectators: Limited spectators will be allowed at the event. No more than 2 spectators per runner. Spectators must keep their distance from runners and teams and may not crowd around the start or finish lines. All spectators must wear masks while at the course.
Release Times/Arrival Times:
Extended JV – Release and Arrival
1:00pm Release for girls on virtual schedule (Magnus by 10:00am, please arrive at NDA no later than 1:30pm for health check.)
1:20pm Release for girls on in class schedule
1:35pm Girls depart together to walk to Colburn
1:45pm Release for boys on virtual schedule (Magnus by 10:00am, please arrive at NDA no later than 2:15pm for health check)
2:05pm Release for boys on in class schedule.
2:25pm Boys depart together to walk to Colburn
Girls’ Top 16 – Release and Arrival:
2:30pm Release for girls’ Top 16 on virtual schedule, Magnus by 10:00am, upon arrival at Colburn come directly to the chip timing table for a health screening/temp check.
2:50pm Release for girls’ Top 16 attending school in person – come directly to Colburn and check in at chip timing table for your chips and bibs.
3:15 pm (no later than) arrive at Colburn, dressed ready to race. (Extended JV girls race at 3:00pm and you are welcome to come and cheer on your teammates.)
Boys’ Top 16 – Release and Arrival
Boys stay in class the entire day
– Boys’ Top 16 on virtual schedule, Magnus by 10:00am, upon arrival at Colburn come directly to the chip timing table for a health screening/temp check.
– Boys’ Top 16 attending school in person – come directly to Colburn and check in at chip timing table for your chips and bibs.
4:00pm (no later than) arrive at Colburn, dressed ready to race. (Extended JV boys race at 3:45pm and you are welcome to come and cheer on your teammates.)
Schedule of Races:
2:50pm (Note time change!) NDA girls’ Intrasquad Gelato Race (for additional NDA JV runners)*
3:30pm (Note time change!) NDA boys’ Intrasquad Gelato Race (for additional NDA JV Runners)*
4:20pm (Note time change!) girls’ Varsity and JV Race (16 to race – 8 varsity, 8 JV)
4:55pm (Note time change!) boys’ Varsity and JV Race (16 to race – 8 varsity, 8 JV)
Starting Box Assignments:
Girls’ IntraSquad Race:
TeamAuricchio – Box 1 – yellow wrist bands
TeamSmith – Box 3 – orange wrist bands.
TeamLetter – Box 5 – red wrist bands
Boys’ IntraSquad Race:
TeamKimble – Box 2 – yellow wrist bands
TeamReynders – Box 3 – orange wrist bands
TeamMcGowan -Box 4 – red wrist bands
Varsity and JV Races (girls and boys)::
Box 1 – Winneconne
Box 2 – Oshkosh Lourdes
Box 3 – Notre Dame Academy
Box 4 – Gillett
Box 5 – NEW Lutheran
What to Bring:
Warm up or equivalent for over uniform (There is no Camp Gard -so dress warmly).
Mask (worn at all times except racing)
Racing shoes (spikes)
Second Mask (for back-up)
Personal Water Bottle (Labeled) – Make sure it is full! Bring extra bottled water in your bags as needed – no water available.
After school snack (There is no Camp Gard – no food or water available).
Garbage Bag to put belongings in a Colburn – we will not have a tent, bus or other shelter
If you are coming from home, please come dressed to run (except carry spikes) and minimize extra things you bring. Everything you bring will be exposed to the elements.
If you are coming from in person classes, if you have the option to put your school backpack in a car, please do not bring it to the course. If you need to bring your backpack to Colburn please be sure to bring a garbage bag to put it in (if it rains). Come to the Triton Center (gym).
- Team areas will be identified with flags.
- Coaches will monitor team areas to make sure masks are worn and athletes are abiding to physical distancing.
- All athletes and coaches must bring masks and their own water bottles.
- There are no facilities for athletes to change. Please arrive prepared to run.
- Masks worn at all times unless running during warmup or racing.
- Coaches’ masks shall be worn at all times when in close proximity to athletes or other coaches. This includes during races.
- All those working at the race must wear a mask at all times, may not be within 100 yards of the start and finish areas (unless assigned to work there) and maintain social distance from all present.
Trainer: A trainer will be available.
.Restrooms: Portable toilets (4) are located near the team area. The shelter area restrooms will not be available.
- Runners cannot report to the start line until 10 min before the start. They may do warm up strides and drills in the adjacent field.
- All teams will line up their top 8 runners on the line 6 feet apart. The next 8 runners will line up behind their teammates 6 feet behind them. Both will start at the gun.
- Masks will be worn until 30 sec before the race start. Runners should hold their masks so they have access to them at the finish or if they feel a need to use them during the race.
- Only athletes and coaches allowed at start area.
- Runners should do their best to not run directly next to, in front of, or behind someone within reason.
- Runners should run through the chute and disperse from the finish line immediately after the race. We will have workers to facilitate this process.
After the Race:
- Runners will be afforded 20 minutes to complete a cool down. That cool down should not be done on any part of the course that would impede the runners of the next race.
- After racing runners may watch the other races by spreading out throughout the course, masks on, 6 feet distanced from each other, with no gathering within 100 yards of the start or finish areas for the course.
- After the races, teams should immediately board buses and leave.
- Timing will be done by Prime Time Timing.
- Results at pttiming.com