2017 WIAA Sectional Cross Country Meet – Two Rivers
Event Date: Saturday, October 21, 2017
There is a great deal of infomation found here: WIAA Website
Participants: Chilton, Denmark, Fox Valley Lutheran, Kiel, Little Chute, Luxemburg-Casco, New Holstein, Notre Dame, Plymouth, Sheboygan Falls, Sturgeon Bay, Two Rivers, Valders, Wrightstown, Xavier,
Bus Departure from NDA: 8:15am (subject to change based on weather)
Course Opens: 9:00am
Coaches Meeting: 9:45 (outside North Shed)
Girls 5K Race: 10:30am
Boys 5K Race: 11:15am
Location: Two Rivers High School (The start is located on the east side of the school between the track and the soccer field and the finish is east of the track).
Parking is located on the east side of the school between the track and the high school. Buses will be directed to parking spots in this east parking lot.
Other Meet Info:
- You may run up to 7 runners in each the girls and boys races.
- The course is all grass, except to cross one blacktop sidewalk.
- There will be restrooms available in the brick building inside the track area as well through entrance #17 in the back of the school. The school will be available for restroom use and as an emergency shelter area only. Teams may not set up camp within the school. Please plan accordingly and use your bus for shelter or warmth if you need.
- Team camp set-up area will be behind the starting area outside of the fence as indicated on the course maps. Please do not set up anywhere inside the fenced areas.
- Restricted Areas will include all areas near the finish that are fenced off
- Meet Officials: (872253) MARY DEYOUNG, DE PERE – Meet Referee
(501489) ROBERT BINS, NEW FRANKEN – Starter
- Clerk of Course: Scott Jansky will serve as Clerk of Course and will be available near the starting area, checking in teams starting 15 minutes prior to each race.
Scoring: Performance Timing out of Wausau will be with us to provide the timing for both races. It is essential that each runner place his/her bib number clearly on the front of his/her jersey.
Results: Unofficial results will be posted near the concession stand in the Northeast storage shed as soon as they become available after each race. Results will also be available online at performancetiming.com.
Awards Awards will take place outside of the concession stand near the Northeast storage shed at approximately noon.
Restricted Areas: Restricted areas include the area inside the entire finish chute, which will be inside the orange fenced area around the finish line and chute. Restricted areas are areas where no one except appropriate competing athletes/meet personnel are allowed and where athletes are prohibited from removing any portion of their team uniform, excluding shoes. We have had a huge problem with this in the past, especially with spectators, namely parents, crossing the fences to get closer to their athletes. We will have double fences up and the outside fence marks the restricted area. Signs will also be posted so the restricted area cannot be mistaken. Please advise all athletes and spectators of this area so we don’t have to deal with any disqualifications.
Trainer: A trainer will be on site and located near the finish line. In case of inclement weather, the trainer will be inside the Southeast storage shed prior to the start of the races. Once the races begin, the trainer will be inside finish area.
If you have a team or individual(s) state qualifier, please be sure you receive a parking pass for the state meet before you leave from the sectional meet.
Games Committee/Jury of Appeals: Will consist of the Meet Referee(Mary DeYoung), Meet Manager, Girls Coach from Kiel, Boys Coach from Plymouth, and Girls Coach from Fox Valley Lutheran.
Sectional t-shirts and concessions will be available for sale the day of the meet.
Lane Assignments (as per WIAA)
- Notre Dame
- New Holstein
- Open (18th School Alpha)
- Two Rivers
- Open (16th School Alpha)
- Fox Valley Lutheran
- Open (20th School Alpha)
- Sturgeon Bay
- Little Chute
- Open (19th School Alpha)
- Sheboygan Falls
- Open (17th School Alpha)