NDA vs Kaukauna @Neenah (9/25)
Updated: Sept 24, 2020
Date: Sept 25, 2020
Location: Neenah Memorial Park, 1131 Tullar Road; Neenah, WI
12:20 pm – Early Release for our “Extended JV”, boys and girls on virtual schedule. Arrive at NDA no later than 12:55pm for temp check, remember to do Magnus before 10:00am.
12:45 pm Early Release for “Extended JV”, boys and girls, on in school schedule.
1:00 pm Bus Loading for “Extended JV”, boys and girls (First bus trip for our “Extended JV” – one per seat, masks at all times).
2:50 pm Early release for “top 16” boys and girls on virtual schedule. Arrive at NDA no later than 3:25pm for temp check, remember to do Magnus before 10:00am.
3:30 pm Bus loading for “top 16” boys and girls. No early release for “top 16” attending school in person.
Schedule of Races:
Extended JV Only Meet (air horn start)
3:00 pm Neenah Girls + Kimberly Girls JV + NDA girls (130) athletes (4 waves)
3:45 pm Neenah Boy’s 60 kids + Kimberly Boys JV + NDA boys (130) athletes (4 waves)
4:30 pm (Neenah Girl’s-8 Varsity)vs (Kimberly Girl’s-8 Varsity) vs (Hortonville Girl’s-8 Varsity and 8 JV runners) (extra Hort JV’s wave 2)
5:00 pm (Neenah Boy’s -8 Varsity)vs (Kimberly Boy’s-8 Varsity) vs (Hortonville Boy’s -8 Varsity and 8 JV runners) (extra Hort JV’s wave 2)
5:30 pm NDA vs Kaukauna Girl’s – Each team will have 8 Varsity and 8 JV runners (Extra Kaukanna JV’s wave 2)
6:00 pm NDA vs Kaukauna Boy’s – Each team will have 8 Varsity and 8 JV runners (extra Kaukauna JV’s wave 2)
- If you plan to transport your runner to the meet a Travel Release Form must be completed by Thursday and turned into Coach Smith.
- Runners arriving to the meet with their parent(s) still need to have their Magnus app questions completed that morning and report to our chip/bib table to have their temperatures taken as soon as they arrive. Once cleared a wristband will be given to signify they are permitted to run.
- Runners being transported by their parents can also have their temps taken at school prior to bus departure if parents would prefer to follow the busses to the meet.
- Other runners that ride on the bus to the meet, but decide to ride home with a parent will need to let Coach Smith know prior to leaving. No form is needed as those we completed during CC registration.
What to Bring:
- Warm up or equivalent for over uniform (There is no Camp Gard -so dress warmly).
- Training shoes
- Mask (worn at all times except racing)
- Racing shoes (spikes)
- Second Mask (for back-up)
- Personal Water Bottle (Labeled) – Make sure it is full!
- Bring extra bottled water in your bags as needed – no water available.
- After school snack (There is no Camp Gard – no food or water available).
- After race snack and additional water (for after the race)
- Garbage bag for belongings left outside. (We will have buses for shelter)
- If you are coming from home, please come dressed to run (except carry spikes) and minimize extra things you bring. Everything you bring will be exposed to the elements.
If you are coming from in person classes, if you have the option to put your school backpack in a car, please do not bring it to the course.
Arrival: Teams can arrive no earlier than 60 minutes prior to race.
9/24/20 Message from the Neenah Race Organizers:
The people running the Neenah meet have asked us to relay the following information to our parents and students.
1. Athletes not participating should NOT be around the starting line or finish line.
2. No parents should be around the starting line or finish line.
3. Parents, Athletes, and Coaches should be wearing Masks.
4. When your race is over please leave the area ASAP, I understand how important the cooldown is, but we need to move people in and out of that area ASAP.
5. The bus parking area blocked off with cones on Appleblossom, please only bus parking. Parents park elsewhere.
- We will allow 2 spectators per athlete.
- Spectators must wear masks and maintain 6ft of social distance.
- Spectators are not allowed in the team areas, at the start, nor at the finish.
- Spectators should not park at the end of Appleblossom near the busses.
- Spectators should not bring dogs (WIAA requirement.)
- This timing system is contactless which allows for an open chute and no cards being handed out. We will have a video back up.
- The results will be posted at xctiming.com
- .Chips must be returned before leaving the meet.
- The race will be scored varsity only using the top five runners from each team. No designation between varsity and JV will be used. (NDA will calculate the JV score and post to our website.)
- Results for the Extended JV wave start will be delayed to adjust for times.
Concessions: No concessions will be offered.
Equipment: All athletes and coaches must bring masks and their own water bottles.
Trainer: A trainer will be provided starting at 3:45 pm near the finish line.
- Buses will drop off and park at the end of Appleblossom drive. Meet workers will assist in parking buses. Busses will be able to exit on Blueberry Ln
- Buses will be used in case of inclement weather. (we will use the high school building in case of severe weather)
- Masks worn at all times unless running during warmup or racing.
- Coaches – masks worn at all times when in close proximity to athletes or other coaches. This includes during races.
- Team areas will be near Appleblossom drive. Cones will indicate the area designated for each team. More information will be given upon arrival. The Shelter building is off-limits
- Coaches will monitor team areas to make sure masks are worn and athletes are abiding to physical distancing.
Restrooms: Portajohns (4) are located near the team area
- Runners cannot report to the start line until 10 min before the start. They may do warm up strides and drills in the field or adjacent areas prior to reporting to the starting line.
- Teams will line up their top 16 runners with 6ft spacing in between. The next next set of runners will line up behind their teammates 6 feet behind them. Both will start at the gun.
- Masks will be worn until 30 sec before the race start. Runners should hold their masks so they have access to them at the finish or if they feel a need to use them during the race.
- No team huddles or cheers, no warmups, only athletes and coaches allowed at start area
- Runners should do their best to not run directly next to in front of or behind someone within reason. The course is wide enough in many areas where they could run 6 feet apart while still side by side.
- Runners should run through the chute and disperse from the finish line immediately after the race. We will have workers to facilitate this process.
After the race
- Runners will be afforded 20 minutes to complete a cool down. That cool down should not be done on any part of the course that would impede the runners of the next race nor should it be used to cheer for the racers.
- After a team has completed their assigned races and cool down they should report to buses and leave the meet as soon as possible.