Lourdes/Valley Christian vs NDA@ Neenah
Date: Friday, September 4th
Location: Neenah Memorial Park
Spectators: Please inform your parents that we will not be allowing spectators.
When to Eat: Very important to eat before boarding the bus. Late meet so all runners should eat at least a few hours before the race. Also, bring snack/food/meal for after the race – none provided.
What to Bring:
Come dressed to race in:
- Warm up or equivalent for over uniform
- Training shoes
- Mask (worn at all times except racing)
In addition, bring:
- Racing shoes (spikes)
- Second Mask (for back-up)
- Personal Water Bottle (Labeled) – Make sure it is full!
- Food for after race (Remember to eat before boarding bus as well!)
- Recovery drink for post-run (i.e.,Gatorade, Powerade, Fairlife chocolate milk.)
- Dry/warm clothing for after race (especially an extra pair or two of socks)
4:15 pm Buses Load @ NDA
4:15 pm Neenah vs Kimberly Girl’s – Each team will have 8 Varsity and 8 JV runners
4:45 pm Neenah vs Kimberly Boy’s – Each team will have 8 Varsity and 8 JV runners
5:15 pm Hortonville vs Kaukauna Girl’s – Each team will have 8 Varsity and 8 JV runners
5:45 pm Hortonville vs Kaukauna Boy’s – Each team will have 8 Varsity and 8 JV runners
6:15 pm NDA (8 Varsity/8 JV) vs (Lourdes 8 Runners) / (Valley Christian 6 Runners) Girls
6:45 pm NDA (8 Varsity/8 JV) vs (Lourdes 6 Runners) / (Valley Christian 6 Runners) Boys
9:00 pm Estimated return time to NDA
Equipment: All athletes and coaches must bring masks and their own water bottles.
Masks: Masks worn at all times unless running during warmup or racing.Coaches masks worn at all times when in close proximity to athletes or other coaches. This includes during races.
Trainer: A trainer will be provided starting at 3:45 pm near the finish line.
Buses: Buses will drop off and park at the end of Appleblossom drive. Meet workers will assist in parking buses. Busses will be able to exit on Blueberry Ln. Buses will be used in case of inclement weather.
- Team areas will be near Appleblossom drive. Cones will indicate the area designated for each team. More information will be given upon arrival. The Shelter building is off-limits as another group has it reserved.
- Coaches will monitor team areas to make sure masks are worn and athletes are abiding to physical distancing.
Restrooms: Portajohns (4) are located near the team area
- Runners cannot report to the start line until 5 min before the start. They may do warm up strides and drills in the baseball field or adjacent service road prior to reporting to the starting line.
- Both teams will line up their top 8 runners on the line 6 feet apart. The next 8 runners will line up behind their teammates 6 feet behind them. Both will start at the gun.
- Masks will be worn until 30 sec before the race start. Runners should hold their masks so they have access to them at the finish or if they feel a need to use them during the race.
- No team huddles or cheers, no warmups, only athletes and coaches allowed at start area
- Runners should do their best to not run directly next to in front of or behind someone within reason. The course is wide enough in many areas where they could run 6 feet apart while still side by side.
- Runners should run through the chute and disperse from the finish line immediately after the race. We will have workers to facilitate this process.
After the race:
- Runners will be afforded 20 minutes to complete a cool down. That cool down should not be done on any part of the course that would impede the runners of the next race nor should it be used to cheer for the racers.
- After a team has completed their assigned races and cooldowns they should report to buses and leave the meet as soon as possible.
Results and scoring:
- The race will be scored varsity only using the top five runners from each team. No designation between varsity and JV will be used.
- The results will be posted at xctiming.com.