NDA Hosts the Sept 10 Cross Country Meet
Date: Thursday, September 10, 2020
Results: NDA Hosted Meet @ Colburn (adjusted for waves)
Location: Colburn Park, Green Bay, From Hwy 41, exit east on West Mason St., turn right at Fisk St., go two blocks and turn left into the park. Continue to parking lot beyond the pool.
Participating High School “JV” Teams: Notre Dame Academy, Kimberly and Neenah.
Release from School Schedule:
Students who are racing will be excused from school as follows:
2:00 pm girls on virtual schedule
2:20 pm girls attending in person
2:35 pm boys on virtual schedule
No early release for boys who are racing and attending school in person. No early release for those not racing.
What to Bring:
Warm up or equivalent for over uniform (There is no Camp Gard -so dress warmly).
Mask (worn at all times except racing)
Racing shoes (spikes)
Second Mask (for back-up)
Personal Water Bottle (Labeled) – Make sure it is full!
After school snack (There is no Camp Gard – no food or water available).
Garbage Bag to put belongings in a Colburn – we will not have a tent, bus or other shelter
If you are coming from home, please come dressed to run (except carry spikes) and minimize extra things you bring. Everything you bring will be exposed to the elements. Girls should arrive no later than 2:30pm, boys arrive no later than 3:15pm. Come to the Triton Center (gym).
If you are coming from in person classes, if you have the option to put your school backpack in a car, please do not bring it to the course. If you need to bring your backpack to Colburn please be sure to bring a garbage bag to put it in (if it rains). Come to the Triton Center (gym).
Schedule of Races:
4:00 pm girls’ race (in waves)
4:45 pm boys’ race (in waves)
Arrival: Teams can arrive no earlier 3:00 pm – 60 minutes prior to first race.
- Buses will park in the parking lot immediately adjacent to the starting line, near the pool.
- Buses will be used for shelter in case of inclement weather.
- Team areas will be identified with flags. There will be 6 identified areas – 2 for each team (one for boys and one for girls).
- Coaches will monitor team areas to make sure masks are worn and athletes are abiding to physical distancing.
Spectators: Spectators discouraged, but it is a public park.
- All athletes and coaches must bring masks and their own water bottles.
- There are no facilities for athletes to change. Please arrive prepared to run.
- Masks worn at all times unless running during warmup or racing.
- Coaches’ masks shall be worn at all times when in close proximity to athletes or other coaches. This includes during races.
- All those working at the race must wear a mask at all times, may not be within 100 yards of the start and finish areas (unless assigned to work there) and maintain social distance from all present.
Trainer: A trainer will be available.
Restrooms: Portable toilets (4) are located near the team area.
- Runners cannot report to the start line until 10 min before the start. They may do warm up strides and drills in the adjacent field.
- We will be running 2 races. Each race will have 4 waves. There will be 4 lines designating the starting position for each wave. The color of the runner’s wrist band will correspond with the starting point for the race: green = wave 1, yellow = wave 2, orange = wave 3, blue = wave 4.
- Runners shall line up 6 feet apart on their assigned wave line. Starts will be separated by 15 seconds. Finishing times will be adjusted for each wave.
- Masks will be worn until 30 sec before the race start. Runners should hold their masks so they have access to them at the finish or if they feel a need to use them during the race.
- Only athletes and coaches allowed at start area.
- Runners should do their best to not run directly next to, in front of, or behind someone within reason.
- Runners should run through the chute and disperse from the finish line immediately after the race. We will have workers to facilitate this process.
After the Race:
- Runners will be afforded 20 minutes to complete a cool down. That cool down should not be done on any part of the course that would impede the runners of the next race.
- After the girls have completed their assigned races and cool down, they are permitted to watch the boys race by spreading out throughout the course, masks on, 6 feet distanced from each other, with no gathering within 100 yards of the start or finish areas for the course.
- After the boys have completed their race and cool down, teams should immediately board buses and leave.
Results and Scoring:
- As the times will be manually adjusted for waves – the individual scores will likely not be posted for several hours/next morning.
- The results will be posted at xctiming.com.