The Great 2020 Gelato Intra-Squad Race
On Sept 18, we divided into intra-squad teams and ran on a beautiful day at Colburn Park. The course was in perfect condition and the weather was ideal. Sara’s Artisan Gelato was the prize for the winning team! Sara, owner and founder of Sara’s Artisan Gelato, is a NDA CC Alum. It was a great day of running. Six Coaches – Six Teams – …the results:
Boys “Gelato” Results:
- TeamMcGowan defeated TeamKimble and TeamReynders in the most dominating win in Gelato Race history. (OK – it was the only Gelato Race ever run, but still TeamMcGowan separated itself from the crowd – 19 points ahead of its closest competiton.) Congratulations to TeamMcGowan, expertly coached by Coach Cassidy McGowan.
- Scoring runners were – Charlie DeRuyter (2 points), Jeremy Aguilar (3 points), Mitchell Martin (6 points), Giacomo D’Alessandro (7 points) and Pablo Cuene (10 points) who brought home the gelato.
- Other TeamMcGowan competitors with great effort included: Aidan Clancy, Noah Ciriacks and John Hackl.
- Special shout out to Jack Christensen of TeamReynders who was our medalist – placing first place in the Gelato Race! Jack also wins gelato!
Girls’ Gelato Results:
- TeamSmith pulled off the 1-point victory of TeamAuricchio in the closest Gelato Race ever run by NDA. (OK – it was the only Gelato Race ever run, but still 1 point!) Congratulations to TeamSmith, expertly coached by Coach Becky Jo Smith!
- Scoring runners were – Emily Briski (2 points), Emma Cooper (4 points), Cece Brummel (5 points), Delaney VandenHouten (12 points) and Mia Lemkuil (15 points) brought home the gelato.
- Other TeamSmith competitors with great effort included: Francesca Van Drisse, Olivia Holschuh, Faith Frehlich, Madison Hejny, Baylee Brabazon, Anna Lippert, Elaine Chosa, Sienna Callaway, Anna Smith, Renee Porod, and Barbara Inciarte.
- Special shout out to Lucy Brada of TeamAuriccho who was our medalist – placing first overall in the Gelato Race! Lucy also wins gelato!